★★★ 2010 Cooney Center Mobile Learning Prize Finalist – Sesame Workshop ★★★
★★★ 2011 Editor's Choice Award – Children's Technology Review ★★★
★★★ iTunes App of the Week (UK), Featured App (Worldwide), Staff Pick ★★★
Lights, Camera, Play! Toontastic is a Creative Learning tool that empowers kids to draw, animate, and share their own cartoons through imaginative play. Making cartoons with Toontastic is as easy as putting on a puppet show - simply press the record button, move your characters onscreen, and tell your stories through play! Once you’re done, Toontastic will play back your animation and voice as a cartoon for you to share with friends and family around the world.
Designed in partnership with Stanford’s Graduate School of Education and Zeum: San Francisco’s Children’s Museum, Toontastic teaches key storytelling principles that help to promote Creativity at a young age. Toontastic’s drawing tools bring kids’ wildest ideas to life alongside virtual playsets chock full of pirates, princesses, far away galaxies, and many other characters and settings to spark the imagination. Cartoons can be shared online via ToonTube, Toontastic’s Global Storytelling Network, to help children connect to friends and family and learn about other cultures, customs, and lifestyles through stories created by their peers around the world.
“Kids and parents will agree: Toontastic is fantastic. The app offers a creative and engaging educational experience that builds a critical new bridge between informal and formal learning.”
-Michael Levine, Executive Director: Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop
Creating a Cartoon with Toontastic is as Easy as…
1. Select a scene on the Story Arc: A Setup, Conflict, Challenge, Climax, or Resolution.
2. Draw your own Setting and Characters, or custom color a Character from our collection of pirates, princesses, swashbucklers, and more.
3. Press the Start Animation button and move your characters around onscreen, telling your story through play. Toontastic will record and play back your animations and your voice as an animated cartoon.
4. Choose the music for your scene by adjusting the scene’s Emotional Energy level and plotting out the perfect Story Arc.
5. Title your cartoon and upload it to ToonTube for friends and family to see all around the world!
★ PLEASE NOTE: Toontastic is designed for iOS 4.2 ★
Launchpad Toys is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 4-7, 8-10
Categories: Early Learning, Art, Creative Play